Thursday, September 6, 2007

A thought or two...

Well I must start off this blog with a RIP to Luciano Pavarotti, and hopes of peace and patience for his family and friends. Someone I work with was a friend of his and basically feels after having dinner with him last year, she is glad he no longer is suffering. Pavarotti is an inspiration to me, not just because of his musical skills, but his ability to bring the art he loved so much to the forefront of popular culture. Him, with the Three Tenors, brought a kind of cool to the opera style singing. Of course, one of my all time favorite recordings of him is the duet of My Way with Frank Sinatra. I'm sad about his passing, even though I am not a singer. But as it always is, the art is bigger than the man and the music will never go away.

And the music goes on with me and the brass quintet. The quintet has officially been hired to play at the library on December 8th. I am scrambling to get some more christmas arrangements done in time to rehearse them. So far, Carol of the Bells, Good King Wenceslas and Joy to the World are done. I want to work on the dreidel song, I'll start tonight I think. This will be the groups first headlining show, so it should be exciting.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm it so interesting to read your blogs and try to figure out who you're talking about when you say "someone I work with"