Monday, October 1, 2007

Piano: Social Drug

I don't know what it is, but new musical instruments excite me more than any other material object in this world. Even if its an instrument I really can't play, I love them. I mention this because my good friend Melanie purchased a new piano this week and on Sunday invited me over to "jam" with it. Now I must tell you I am no pianist, but again I love new instruments, so how could I resist. It is danger though to put me in the same room as a piano. I will either figure out songs that are stuck in my head to share the torture with the others, or I will make up silly little songs about the people there or n my head. This was no different. I rolled up on her piano and her and I laid down a track, titled "Stefanie's Song".

Needless to say, WOW! The good news is Stef really liked the song as she was feeling bad.

I find myself doing stupid things like this all the time with my friends piano's or pump organs (My good friend Ted has a peddling pump organ, its circus music with a good cardio workout).

I will just say the wekeend contained the piano work and a lot of polka. Very crazy. I hope this blog finds my loyal listeners in tune and in time. Peace

1 comment:

Stefanie Watson said...

Stefanie's Song is the best thing ever!!!
In my highly objective opinion...