Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trax on Wax

hello all. This is just going to be a quick plug for the new vinyl record store that has opened in Catonsville. I Just visited this place and give it a full endorsement. With an incredible selection of used vinyl available for extremely reasonable prices, this place was a breath of fresh air to me. I now have a new place to continue my vinyl collecting. For $20, I was able to get "Odds and Sods" and "Who's Next" by The Who, "Magical Mystery Tour", and "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by The Beatles, Steve Perry's solo album, "Escape" by Journey, and "Spirit" by Spirit. Clearly a great mix of stuff for great prices. There was no hassle from staff, and plenty of space to browse. The entire collection is alphabetical order, to where you feel like you must put an album right back in its place. The best part is a turntable available for public use, so you can test the albums before you buy, but unlike Record and Tape Traders, everything looked to be at least in playable condition. They will also convert vinyl to CD for you, I'm sure for a charge though. This is also to announce that I am going to give the Beatles another chance, thus why I bought those two albums. I will keep you posted on the result!

I beg you in the area to give this place a check. Buy something too, the owner is nice as anything!

On another note, this week, I will be taking Mom to go see Heart. Lets hope they're as spectacular as they were last summer!

Good night friends!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Nice! Where is this new source of musical wonderment? Close to Music Town, USA (near Bill's and the old R&TT)?

Rich Sigwald said...

It is located where the new R&T traders was located, on Frederick Road by the M&T Bank.

Trax on Wax said...

Hi Rich !

It was great having such a great music fan in the store !!!!!
Your enthusiasm is what keeps me going ! I look forward to having both you and your mother stop back in ! I am glad you enjoyed it.....
Gary --> Trax on Wax